Beards have been a symbol of manliness and power since the dawn of time. With the recent surge in popularity of facial hair, it can be confusing for men to decide which beard style suits them best. There are a variety of beard styles to choose from, but it is important to select one that complements your face shape and facial features. This article will provide insight into the different beard styles and offer seven tips to help you find the perfect one for you.
What Are the Different Beard Styles?
There is a seemingly endless variety of beard styles to choose from. Some of the most popular styles include the full beard, the goatee, the stubble, the Van Dyke, the circle beard, and the balbo. Each of these styles has its own unique characteristics and can be tailored to suit your individual facial features.
The full beard is a classic style that has been around for centuries. It is characterized by a thick, full set of facial hair. It can be trimmed to any length, but is typically kept at least two inches in length. The full beard is an ideal style for men with rounder faces, as it helps to add definition and structure to the face.
The goatee is a popular style that consists of facial hair on the chin and upper lip. It is usually kept short and neat, and can be tailored to suit any face shape. The goatee is best suited for men with oval or heart-shaped faces, as it helps to add balance and definition to the face.
Stubble is a popular style that is characterized by a short, scruffy beard. It is usually kept at a length of one to two millimeters, and is a great option for men who don’t want a full beard but still want to look well-groomed. Stubble is ideal for men with square or angular faces, as it helps to soften the features and add definition.
The Van Dyke is a classic style that consists of a combination of a goatee and a mustache. It is usually kept at a length of two to three inches, and is a great option for men with strong jawlines. The Van Dyke helps to add definition to the face and can be tailored to suit any face shape.
The circle beard is a classic style that consists of a mustache and a goatee. It is usually kept at a length of one to two inches, and is a great option for men with rounder faces. The circle beard helps to add definition to the face and can be tailored to suit any face shape.
The balbo is a popular style that consists of a mustache, a chin beard, and a goatee. It is usually kept at a length of two to three inches, and is a great option for men with angular or square faces. The balbo helps to add definition to the face and can be tailored to suit any face shape.
7 Tips to Help You Choose the Right Beard Style
Choosing the right beard style can be a daunting task. Here are seven tips to help you find the perfect style for you:
1. Consider Your Face Shape: The shape of your face is the most important factor when selecting a beard style. Choose a style that complements your face shape and facial features.
2. Keep it Neat and Tidy: Make sure to keep your beard well-groomed and trimmed. A neat and tidy beard will help to ensure that your style looks its best.
3. Choose a Style That Suits Your Lifestyle: Choose a style that fits your lifestyle and daily routine. For example, if you work in an office, a full beard might not be the best option.
4. Experiment With Different Styles: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles. Try out different styles and see which one looks best on you.
5. Be Patient: Growing a beard can take time. Be patient and give your beard time to grow in before deciding on a style.
6. Consult a Professional: If you’re unsure of which style to choose, consult a professional barber. They can provide advice and help you find the perfect style for you.
7. Have Fun: Most importantly, have fun with it! Don’t take it too seriously and enjoy the process!
Choosing the right beard style can be tricky, but with the right tips and advice, it doesn’t have to be. Consider your face shape, experiment with different styles, and have fun with it! With the right style, you can look and feel your best.