How to pack mens ties for travel is a question that pops up whenever you need formal attire to sport it. It is essential to fold ties for storage so that they don’t get wrinkles.
Give a few minutes extra to fold the moving ties properly to avoid the headache when you reach the location.
How to Fold a Tie for Storage
Here are a few methods you could follow to fold ties for storage to make it look wearable once you reach your destination.
Method 1- Use a Tie Case
- At first, fold the tie inside out in equal halves. This will protect your tie from getting any wrinkles or becoming dirty while storing it in the suitcase.
- Clean a flat surface like a table and lay the tie over it. Take the narrow length of the tie and fold it on top.
- Face the inside portion of the front of your tie upwards.
- Now start rolling the narrow end of the tie and continue rolling till the end. At the end of rolling, it will form a cylindrical shape.
- Put your tie in a tie box. You can buy tie boxes through online sites or in stores. Moreover, most of the tie cases can hold almost two to six ties.
- Tuck in the tie box in the corner of the suitcase to not have to worry about moving ties.
Method 2- Fold the Tie Flat
- Fold the tie and insert the narrow end of the tie in the loop. Keep the front of the tie outward.
- Pull both the ends to line up the narrow and wider part of the tie in its half-length.
- Again pull the narrow end through the loop and fold for the second time in equal halves.
- Now layer it in-between two folded shirts. This will help to keep the tie wrinkle-free.
- You can even fold it in half and insert it in a ziplock bag. Ziplock bags are also readily available both online and in stores.
Method 3- Use a Suit Bag
- Take a regular hanger and put the suit’s shoulders in the right and left corner of the hanger.
- Insert the narrow end of the tie from the bottom part of the suit hanger. Line up both the ends of the tie together.
- Pull the narrow end of the tie via the loop to secure it from moving.
- Place the suit inside the suit bag and position the hook of the hanger.
- Finally, close the zip of the suit bag. In this way, your tie will remain with a suit only and save your time dressing up.
Tips to Pack Men’s Tie for Travel
You already know how to fold a tie for storage. We thought of sharing the top 3 tips on how to pack mens ties for travel safely.
- Avoid storing ties beside anything that can spill.
- Keep ties in a zip lock or sealable bags.
- Seal the box and label it to make it clear for which destination you want that particular tie.