Beard trimmers are a popular grooming tool used to trim and shape facial hair. But did you know that you can also use them to cut and style your hair? In this article, we’ll explore the pros and cons of using a beard trimmer for hair cutting and share 7 tips for getting the best results.
Can I Use A Beard Trimmer To Cut Hair?
Yes, you can use a beard trimmer to cut your hair. While it’s not the ideal tool for a professional-looking haircut, it can be used to trim and shape your hair in a pinch. It’s important to note, however, that beard trimmers are not designed for cutting long hair and may not be able to handle thick or curly hair.
Pros of Using a Beard Trimmer For Hair Cutting
• Easy to use: Beard trimmers are designed with ease of use in mind, making them ideal for those who are new to hair cutting.
• Portable: Beard trimmers are small and lightweight, making them easy to take with you wherever you go.
• Cost-effective: Beard trimmers are usually much less expensive than traditional hair clippers, making them a great option for those on a budget.
Cons of Using a Beard Trimmer For Hair Cutting
• Limited range: Beard trimmers are not designed to cut long hair and may struggle to cut thick or curly hair.
• Limited styles: Beard trimmers are not designed for creating intricate styles or fades.
• Messy: Beard trimmers can be more messy than traditional hair clippers, as the hair clippings can be scattered all over the place.
7 Tips For Using A Beard Trimmer To Cut Hair
• Start with a clean, dry head of hair: Make sure to wash and dry your hair thoroughly before using the beard trimmer.
• Choose the right guard size: The guard size of the beard trimmer will determine how long your hair will be after cutting. Start with a larger guard size and work your way down until you get the desired length.
• Move slowly: Take your time when using the beard trimmer, as going too fast can result in uneven cuts.
• Go with the grain: Move the trimmer in the same direction as the natural grain of your hair for the best results.
• Clean up the edges: Use small scissors to clean up the edges of your hair after using the beard trimmer.
• Use a comb: Use a comb to help guide the trimmer for a more even cut.
• Finish with a blow dryer: Use a blow dryer to style your hair after cutting.
Using a beard trimmer to cut your hair can be a great option for those who are new to hair cutting or are on a budget. While it can be used to trim and shape your hair, it’s important to keep in mind that beard trimmers are not designed for cutting long hair and may not be able to handle thick or curly hair. By following the above tips, you can get the best results when using a beard trimmer for hair cutting.