Beards are one of the most popular facial hair styles for men. But have you ever wondered why some men’s beards turn red? It’s not just a matter of genetics; there are a variety of factors that can cause a beard to change color. In this article, we’ll explore some of the most common causes of red beards and provide seven tips to help you keep your beard looking its best.
What Causes Red Beards?
There are a few different reasons why a beard may turn red. Genetics plays a role, as some men naturally have a reddish tint to their facial hair. Sun exposure can also cause a beard to turn red, as can certain skin conditions, such as eczema and psoriasis. Additionally, certain shampoos and hair dyes can discolor facial hair.
How to Prevent a Red Beard
If you want to keep your beard from turning red, there are a few steps you can take. Here are seven tips to help you maintain a healthy, natural-looking beard:
• Protect your beard from the sun. Wear a hat or use a sunscreen specifically designed for facial hair.
• Don’t use harsh shampoos or hair dyes on your beard. These products can strip away natural oils and cause discoloration.
• Avoid hot water when washing your beard. Hot water can strip away natural oils and make your beard more prone to discoloration.
• Wash your beard only when necessary. Too much shampooing can strip away natural oils and cause discoloration.
• Use a beard oil to keep your facial hair hydrated and healthy.
• Avoid using heat styling tools on your beard. Heat can damage hair and cause discoloration.
• Visit your doctor if you have a skin condition that may be causing your beard to turn red.
Red beards can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, sun exposure, and certain skin conditions. To prevent discoloration, it’s important to protect your beard from the sun, use gentle shampoos and hair dyes, and avoid heat styling tools. Additionally, using a beard oil can help keep your facial hair looking healthy and natural. If you have a skin condition that may be causing your beard to turn red, be sure to visit your doctor for treatment.