Derma rolling is a popular method for stimulating hair growth, increasing circulation in the scalp, and improving the overall appearance of your beard. It involves using a derma roller, which is a small handheld device with tiny needles attached to its surface. The needles puncture the skin, creating tiny wounds that stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, two proteins that help to keep skin cells healthy and strong. But how often should you derma roll your beard? Let’s find out.
How Often Should You Derma Roll Your Beard?
The frequency of derma rolling depends on the individual, but most experts recommend doing it once a week for best results. This is because the skin needs time to heal between treatments and the benefits of derma rolling can take some time to be visible. Additionally, derma rolling too often can cause irritation and increase the risk of scarring.
7 Tips for Derma Rolling Your Beard
1. Start Slowly: Begin by using a derma roller with a needle size of 0.25mm or 0.5mm. This will allow your skin to adjust to the treatment and reduce the risk of irritation.
2. Clean the Area: Before you begin, make sure to clean the area with a gentle cleanser and warm water. This will help to remove any dirt and bacteria that could cause an infection.
3. Use a Light Touch: When derma rolling, use a light touch and roll the device gently over the skin. Don’t press too hard as this could cause irritation.
4. Use Minimal Pressure: When derma rolling, use minimal pressure. Don’t press the device into the skin too hard as this could cause damage.
5. Roll in Different Directions: Roll the device in different directions to ensure that all areas of the skin are covered. This will also help to stimulate circulation and hair growth.
6. Don’t Over-Treat: When derma rolling, don’t over-treat the area. Doing this too often can cause irritation and increase the risk of scarring.
7. Use an Aftercare Product: After derma rolling, use an aftercare product to soothe the skin. This could be a serum, moisturizer, or oil.
Derma rolling is a great way to stimulate hair growth, increase circulation in the scalp, and improve the overall appearance of your beard. It’s important to do it correctly and to not over-treat the area. The frequency of derma rolling depends on the individual, but most experts recommend doing it once a week for best results. By following these tips, you’ll be able to get the most out of your derma rolling treatments and achieve the best results.