The debate over whether shaving a beard helps it grow has been ongoing for a long time. While some people believe that shaving a beard will make it grow back thicker, fuller and faster, others believe that shaving has no effect on the growth of a beard. In this article, we will explore the facts and provide seven tips for growing a healthy beard.
Does Shaving A Beard Help It Grow?
The truth is that shaving does not affect the growth of a beard. The only way to make your beard grow is to stimulate the hair follicles with proper nutrition, exercise, and good hygiene. Shaving only removes the visible hair, not the follicles, so it does not make the hair grow back thicker or faster.
7 Tips To Grow A Healthy Beard
1. Eat A Balanced Diet: Eating a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals will help promote healthy hair growth. Foods like fish, eggs, nuts, and fruits are all excellent sources of nutrients that can help promote beard growth.
2. Exercise Regularly: Exercise helps to increase blood flow to the hair follicles, which can help stimulate beard growth.
3. Get Enough Sleep: Getting enough sleep is essential for maintaining good health, and it can also help promote beard growth.
4. Manage Stress: Stress can have a negative effect on hair growth, so it is important to manage stress levels to help promote healthy beard growth.
5. Avoid Pollution: Pollution can damage hair follicles, which can lead to hair loss. It is important to avoid exposure to pollutants to help promote healthy beard growth.
6. Use Natural Oils: Natural oils, like jojoba, coconut, and argan, can help to nourish the hair follicles and promote beard growth.
7. Avoid Over-styling: Over-styling can damage the hair follicles and inhibit beard growth. It is important to use products that are specifically designed for beard care to help promote healthy beard growth.
Shaving does not affect the growth of a beard, but there are steps that you can take to promote healthy beard growth. Eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, managing stress, avoiding pollution, using natural oils, and avoiding over-styling are all important tips for growing a healthy beard.