Beard trimmers are a must-have tool for the modern man. Not only do they help keep your beard looking neat and tidy, but they can also be used for more than just trimming. With the right technique, you can use a beard trimmer to give yourself a professional-looking haircut.
7 Tips To Give Yourself A Haircut With A Beard Trimmer
1. Start With A Clean Cut
• Make sure your beard trimmer is clean and sharp. A dull blade won’t give you the clean cut you’re looking for.
• Make sure you’re using the right attachment for the job. A standard trimmer guard may not be suitable for cutting hair.
2. Choose The Right Length
• Start with a longer guard and work your way down to the desired length.
• Keep in mind that the shorter the guard, the shorter your hair will be.
3. Go In The Right Direction
• When trimming your hair, make sure to go in the direction of the hair growth.
• Going against the grain can create an uneven look.
4. Take Your Time
• Don’t rush the process. Take your time and make sure each section is even.
• Be careful not to take too much off at once. You can always go back and trim more if needed.
5. Clean Up The Edges
• After you’ve finished trimming, use a fine-toothed comb to clean up the edges.
• This will give you a more professional-looking finish.
6. Style As Desired
• Once you’ve finished trimming, you can style your hair as desired.
• You can use a comb and some styling product to add texture and volume to your hair.
7. Clean Up After Yourself
• After you’re done, make sure to clean up the trimmer and any hair that’s been left behind.
• This will help to keep your trimmer in good condition and free from clogs.
With the right technique and tools, you can use a beard trimmer to give yourself a professional-looking haircut. Start with a clean cut, choose the right length, go in the right direction, take your time, clean up the edges, style as desired, and clean up after yourself. With a little bit of practice, you’ll be giving yourself haircuts like a pro in no time.