The Navy SEALs are the United States’ most elite special forces unit. They are renowned for their commitment to excellence, their physical and mental toughness, and their unwavering dedication to their country. But one thing that often comes up when talking about the Navy SEALs is their policy on facial hair: Can Navy SEALs have beards?
Can Navy Seals Have Beards?
The answer is yes and no. While the Navy SEALs do allow facial hair in some circumstances, it is generally discouraged. The Navy’s official policy states that “facial hair is not authorized while in uniform or in public view, except that mustaches may be worn.” This means that while Navy SEALs may have beards while off-duty, they must be clean-shaven while in uniform or in public view.
The reason for this policy is twofold. First, facial hair can interfere with the proper use of a gas mask, which is a critical piece of equipment for Navy SEALs. Second, it has been argued that facial hair can detract from the professionalism and discipline that is expected of Navy SEALs.
7 Tips for Navy Seals with Beards
1. Keep your beard neat and trimmed: A neat and well-trimmed beard can help you maintain a professional look while still allowing for some facial hair.
2. Use beard oil: Beard oil can help keep your facial hair soft and healthy, and it can also help keep it looking neat and tidy.
3. Use a beard brush: A beard brush can help keep your beard looking neat and tidy, and it can also help distribute natural oils throughout your facial hair.
4. Shave regularly: Regularly shaving your beard can help keep it looking neat and tidy, and it can also help prevent ingrown hairs.
5. Use a good razor: A good razor can help you achieve a close shave without irritating your skin.
6. Use aftershave: Aftershave can help soothe any irritation caused by shaving, and it can also help keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
7. Invest in a good beard trimmer: A good beard trimmer can help you keep your beard looking neat and tidy, and it can also help you achieve the look you want.
The Navy SEALs have a strict policy on facial hair, but it is possible for Navy SEALs to have beards. While facial hair is generally discouraged, it is allowed in some circumstances. Navy SEALs must keep their beards neat and tidy, and they must shave off any facial hair while in uniform or in public view. By following these tips, Navy SEALs can maintain a professional look while still having some facial hair.