Beard trimmers are popular grooming tools among men, but did you know that they can also be used to give yourself a haircut? With the right technique, you can use a beard trimmer to create a stylish and professional-looking hairstyle. In this article, we’ll discuss how to use a beard trimmer for a haircut and provide seven helpful tips.
7 Tips For Giving Yourself A Haircut With A Beard Trimmer
1. Gather the Right Supplies: Before giving yourself a haircut with a beard trimmer, make sure you have the necessary supplies on hand. You’ll need a beard trimmer, clippers, scissors, a comb, and a mirror.
2. Start With a Clean Cut: Before you start trimming your hair, make sure you have a clean, even cut. If your hair is long, trim it down to a shorter length with a pair of clippers.
3. Use the Right Settings: Depending on the length of your hair, you may need to adjust the settings on your beard trimmer. For shorter hair, use a lower setting, while for longer hair, use a higher setting.
4. Trim in Sections: To get the most even and professional-looking cut, it’s best to trim your hair in sections. Start at the sides, then move to the back, and finally trim the top.
5. Use Scissors For Detail Work: If you want to add texture or layers to your haircut, use scissors for the detail work. This will help you achieve a more polished and professional look.
6. Comb Your Hair Regularly: To keep your haircut looking neat and tidy, comb your hair regularly. This will help keep the style in place and prevent your hair from getting too wild.
7. Practice Makes Perfect: Like anything else, practice makes perfect. If you’re not happy with your first attempt, don’t worry. With a little practice, you’ll be able to perfect your technique.
Giving yourself a haircut with a beard trimmer can be a great way to save time and money. With the right supplies and a bit of practice, you can create a stylish and professional-looking hairstyle. By following the tips outlined in this article, you’ll be well on your way to achieving the perfect look.