Shaving your head with a beard trimmer is a great way to keep your head looking clean and well groomed. It is also a great way to save money on regular haircuts. With the right tools and techniques, you can easily achieve a professional-looking head shave with your beard trimmer.
7 Tips for Shaving Your Head With a Beard Trimmer
1. Prepare the Area: Before you begin shaving your head, make sure to prepare the area. This includes washing your head with a mild shampoo and exfoliating it gently with a soft brush. This will help to remove any dirt and debris from the scalp, as well as help to raise any hairs that may be lying flat against the scalp.
2. Choose the Right Attachment: When using a beard trimmer to shave your head, it is important to choose the right attachment. Most beard trimmers come with multiple attachments that allow you to adjust the length of the hair that you are cutting. When shaving your head, you will want to select the shortest attachment available.
3. Go Slow and Steady: Shaving your head with a beard trimmer takes time and patience. It is important to go slow and steady, making sure to stay in one area until all of the hairs have been removed. Be sure to move the trimmer in the same direction that the hair grows in order to achieve the best results.
4. Don’t Over-Trim: When shaving your head, it is important to be careful not to over-trim. It is very easy to take off too much hair if you are not careful. If you find yourself taking off too much hair, switch to a longer attachment and go over the area again.
5. Clean Up the Edges: After you have finished shaving your head, you will want to use a smaller attachment to clean up the edges and around the ears. This will help to ensure that your head has a smooth, finished look.
6. Apply Aftershave: After you have finished shaving your head, it is important to apply an aftershave product to the area. This will help to soothe any irritation that may have occurred during the shaving process and will also help to keep the skin hydrated.
7. Use a Moisturizer: Lastly, it is important to use a moisturizer on your head after you have finished shaving. This will help to keep the skin hydrated and prevent it from becoming dry and irritated.
Shaving your head with a beard trimmer is a great way to keep your head looking clean and well groomed. With the right tools and techniques, you can easily achieve a professional-looking head shave with your beard trimmer. By following these tips, you will be able to get a smooth, even shave that will leave your head looking great.