Turkey beards are a popular and unique way to show off your hunting prowess. They are a great way to show off your skills as a hunter and can be a great addition to a hunting trophy room. If you’re interested in preserving your turkey beard, there are a few tips you should keep in mind.
10 Tips for Preserving a Turkey Beard
• Clean the Beard: Before you start the preservation process, make sure you clean the beard thoroughly. Use a mild soap and warm water to gently remove dirt and debris.
• Boil the Beard: Once the beard is clean, you will need to boil it. Boiling will kill any bacteria and help to set the color of the beard.
• Dry the Beard: After boiling, you will need to dry the beard. Use a towel to gently pat the beard dry.
• Coat the Beard with Oil: Once the beard is dry, you will need to coat it with oil. This will not only help to protect the beard from damage, but will also help to keep it soft and pliable.
• Use a Hairdryer: Use a hairdryer to dry the oil and set the color of the beard.
• Store in a Dry Place: Store the beard in a dry place, away from direct sunlight.
• Avoid Direct Sunlight: Direct sunlight can damage the beard and cause it to fade.
• Use a Display Case: Use a display case to protect the beard from dust and other debris.
• Use a Sealant: Use a sealant to protect the beard from moisture and other environmental factors.
• Have it Professionally Mounted: Have the beard professionally mounted if you wish to display it in a trophy room or other display area.
Preserving a turkey beard is not a difficult process, but it does require some attention to detail and care. By following the tips outlined above, you can ensure that your turkey beard is well preserved and will last for many years to come.