Turkey hunters know that the best way to show off their accomplishments is to properly display their turkey beards and spurs. Not only does it provide a sense of pride for the hunter, but it can also be used to educate and inspire others. This article will provide tips on how to properly display turkey beards and spurs.
7 Tips For Displaying Turkey Beards and Spurs
1. Choose A Good Mounting Board: The first step in displaying turkey beards and spurs is to choose a good mounting board. A good mounting board should be made from a solid material such as wood, foam board, or even metal. It should also be wide enough to accommodate the size of the turkey beards and spurs.
2. Choose The Right Glue: The next step is to choose the right glue for mounting the turkey beards and spurs. Hot glue is the most commonly used glue for this purpose, but epoxy can also be used. It is important to use a glue that is strong enough to hold the beards and spurs in place.
3. Measure and Mark: Once the mounting board is chosen and the glue is ready, it is time to measure and mark the board for the turkey beards and spurs. The most common way to do this is to use a ruler and a pencil to mark the exact location of the turkey beards and spurs.
4. Mount the Beards and Spurs: Once the board is marked, it is time to mount the turkey beards and spurs. Be sure to use enough glue to ensure that the beards and spurs are securely mounted.
5. Hang the Display: Once the beards and spurs are mounted, it is time to hang the display. This can be done with a variety of different methods, such as mounting it on a wall or displaying it on an easel.
6. Add Accessories: To make the display even more impressive, consider adding some accessories such as a turkey call or a feather. This will give the display a more personal touch and add to the overall effect.
7. Show It Off: Once the display is complete, it is time to show it off. Take a picture and share it with friends and family. This will help to spread the word about turkey hunting and the importance of conservation.
Displaying turkey beards and spurs is a great way to show off the accomplishments of turkey hunters. By following these tips, hunters can create an impressive display that will be sure to impress. Not only will it provide a sense of pride for the hunter, but it can also be used to educate and inspire others.