Are you wondering how much poop is in beards? Whether you’re a fan of facial hair or not, it’s important to know the facts about hygiene and beards. In this article, we’ll discuss the potential presence of fecal matter in beards, and 7 tips to help keep your beard clean and healthy.
How Much Poop is in Beards?
The idea of poop in beards is not a pleasant one, but it’s important to be aware of the potential risk. In 2018, a study conducted by researchers at the Hirslanden Clinic in Switzerland found that beards contain higher levels of bacteria than clean-shaven faces. In particular, the study found that beards carried a higher number of bacteria from the Enteric Group, which includes those found in fecal matter.
While this study does not definitively prove that beards contain poop, it does suggest that there is a potential for fecal matter to be present in facial hair. It’s important to note that this study was conducted on a small sample size, and more research is needed to confirm the findings.
7 Tips for Keeping Your Beard Clean
Despite the potential presence of fecal matter in beards, there are several easy steps you can take to keep your facial hair clean and healthy. Here are 7 tips to help you maintain a clean and healthy beard:
• Wash Your Beard Regularly: Washing your beard regularly is essential for keeping it clean and healthy. Use a mild shampoo specifically designed for beards to remove dirt, oil, and bacteria.
• Brush Your Beard: Brushing your beard regularly can help to remove dirt, debris, and excess oil. It can also help to prevent tangles and keep your beard looking neat and tidy.
• Use Beard Oils and Balms: Using a beard oil or balm can help to keep your facial hair soft and nourished. It can also help to reduce skin irritation and keep your beard looking healthy.
• Trim Your Beard: Trimming your beard regularly can help to keep it looking neat and tidy. It can also help to reduce the risk of bacteria accumulating in your beard.
• Eat a Healthy Diet: Eating a balanced diet is essential for keeping your beard healthy. Make sure to include plenty of fruits, vegetables, and proteins in your diet to ensure your beard stays nourished.
• Avoid Unsanitary Habits: Avoid touching your beard with unclean hands and avoid sharing grooming supplies with other people.
• See a Professional: If you’re concerned about the cleanliness of your beard, consider seeing a professional barber or stylist. They can provide advice and assistance to help keep your beard looking its best.
In conclusion, it’s important to be aware of the potential presence of fecal matter in beards. While more research needs to be done to confirm the findings, there are several steps you can take to keep your beard clean and healthy. By following these 7 tips, you can help to ensure your beard remains clean and healthy.