Beard growth is an important part of many men’s grooming routines. Derma rolling is an increasingly popular tool for stimulating beard growth. In this article, we’ll discuss how long you should derma roll for beard growth and provide seven tips that can maximize the benefits of derma rolling.
What Is Derma Rolling?
Derma rolling is a treatment that uses a small handheld device with hundreds of tiny needles. When the device is rolled over the skin, it creates tiny punctures that stimulate the body’s natural healing process. This can increase blood circulation, collagen production, and cell turnover, all of which can lead to healthier and thicker hair growth.
How Long Should You Derma Roll for Beard Growth?
The amount of time you need to derma roll for beard growth will depend on the size of the derma roller and the area of skin you’re treating. Generally, derma rolling sessions should last no more than 15 minutes. For smaller derma rollers, you may need to roll for up to 30 minutes.
It’s important to note that you should never roll for more than 15 minutes at a time. Doing so can cause irritation and inflammation, which can actually inhibit hair growth.
7 Tips for Derma Rolling for Beard Growth
Here are seven tips that can maximize the benefits of derma rolling for beard growth:
1. Cleanse Your Skin: Before derma rolling, it’s important to thoroughly cleanse your skin. This will remove any dirt, oil, and bacteria that can cause infection.
2. Use a Good Quality Derma Roller: Make sure you’re using a good quality derma roller with needles that are 0.25mm to 1.5mm in length.
3. Start With Short Sessions: Start with shorter derma rolling sessions and gradually increase the time as your skin adjusts.
4. Use a Moisturizer After Rolling: After derma rolling, it’s important to use a moisturizer to replenish your skin.
5. Avoid Over-Treating the Same Area: Avoid over-treating the same area as this can cause irritation.
6. Avoid Sun Exposure: Avoid sun exposure before and after derma rolling as this can cause inflammation and inhibit hair growth.
7. Don’t Derma Roll Too Often: Avoid derma rolling too often as this can cause irritation and inflammation.
Derma rolling is a great tool for stimulating beard growth. When done properly, it can help promote thicker and healthier hair growth. The amount of time you need to derma roll for beard growth will depend on the size of the derma roller and the area of skin you’re treating. Generally, derma rolling sessions should last no more than 15 minutes. Following the seven tips outlined in this article can help maximize the benefits of derma rolling for beard growth.