Making a fake beard is a great way to complete a costume or disguise yourself. Whether you’re looking to dress up as Santa Clause, a lumberjack, or a hipster, a fake beard can easily be made with a few simple materials. With a little bit of effort and creativity, you can create a realistic looking and feeling fake beard in no time at all.
Steps to Make a Fake Beard
1. Gather the Supplies
To make a fake beard, you will need a few simple supplies. These include:
• A piece of felt in your desired beard color
• Hot glue gun and glue sticks
• Hair pieces of your desired length and color
• Thread and needle
• Elastic bands
2. Cut the Felt Piece
Once you have all the supplies, you’ll need to cut the felt piece into the shape of a beard. You can use a template, or draw a beard shape onto the felt with a marker. Cut out the shape and set aside.
3. Glue the Hair Pieces
Next, you’ll need to glue the hair pieces onto the felt. Make sure to evenly space out the pieces and glue them securely to the felt.
4. Sew the Elastic Bands
Once all the hair pieces are in place, you’ll need to sew the elastic bands onto the back of the felt. This will make it easier to secure the beard to your face.
5. Trim the Hair Pieces
Once the elastic bands are in place, you can trim the hair pieces to your desired length. Make sure to be careful when trimming, as you don’t want to cut too much off.
6. Style the Beard
Once the beard is trimmed, you can style it as desired. You can use a comb and styling product to give it a more natural look.
7. Secure the Beard
Finally, you’ll need to secure the beard to your face. To do this, you can use the elastic bands or a piece of double-sided tape.
Making a fake beard is a great way to complete a costume or disguise yourself. With a few simple supplies and a bit of creativity, you can easily create a realistic looking and feeling fake beard. From cutting the felt piece to securing the beard to your face, with these steps you’ll be ready to rock your new look in no time.
7 Tips for Making a Fake Beard
• Gather the necessary supplies: felt, scissors, hot glue gun and glue sticks, hair pieces, thread and needle, and elastic bands.
• Cut the felt piece into the shape of a beard.
• Glue the hair pieces onto the felt.
• Sew the elastic bands onto the back of the felt.
• Trim the hair pieces to your desired length.
• Style the beard with a comb and styling product.
• Secure the beard to your face with elastic bands or double-sided tape.