Needling is an increasingly popular method of beard growth. It involves using special needles to puncture the skin and stimulate the growth of new facial hair. While it may sound painful and scary, needling is actually a safe and effective way to help you achieve a thicker, fuller beard. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at needling and how it can help you get the beard of your dreams.
What is Needling?
Needling is a type of skin therapy that involves using very fine needles to puncture the skin. It’s sometimes referred to as “dermal rolling” or “micro-needling”. The needles are usually made of stainless steel and are very thin – usually between 0.1mm and 1.5mm in diameter. When the needles puncture the skin, they create tiny wounds which stimulate the body’s natural healing process. This helps to increase blood flow to the area, which can in turn help to promote the growth of new facial hair.
How Does Needling Help Beard Growth?
Needling is thought to help beard growth in several ways. Firstly, it stimulates the production of collagen, which is an essential building block for healthy skin and hair. It also increases blood flow to the area, which helps to nourish the existing facial hair and promote the growth of new, thicker hairs. Finally, needling can help to open up the pores, which can make it easier for the hairs to grow out.
7 Tips for Needling Beard Growth
If you’re considering needling for beard growth, there are a few tips that you should keep in mind.
1. Use a sterile needle: Make sure that you use a sterile needle for your needling session. This will help to reduce the risk of infection.
2. Don’t over-needle: Over-needling can do more harm than good. Start with a low number of needles and gradually increase as you become more comfortable with the process.
3. Use a numbing cream: If you’re worried about the pain of needling, you can use a numbing cream to reduce the sensation.
4. Don’t needle too often: Needling can be done once a week or once every two weeks. However, you should not do it more often than that as it can cause irritation and damage to the skin.
5. Use a moisturizer: After needling, you should use a moisturizer to help keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
6. Don’t expect instant results: Needling can take time to show results. It’s important to be patient and consistent with your needling sessions.
7. Consult a professional: If you’re unsure about needling or want more information, it’s best to consult a professional. They can give you advice and help you to achieve the best results.
Needling is a safe and effective way to help you achieve a thicker, fuller beard. It stimulates the production of collagen, increases blood flow to the area, and helps to open up the pores. If you’re considering needling for beard growth, make sure to use a sterile needle, don’t over-needle, use a numbing cream, don’t needle too often, use a moisturizer, don’t expect instant results, and consult a professional if you’re unsure. With patience and consistency, needling can help you to achieve the beard of your dreams.