Beards are a popular trend these days, but can you have a beard in the Royal Marines? This article will discuss the rules and regulations of Royal Marines, and provide seven tips for those looking to keep their facial hair in line with the rules.
Can You Have A Beard In The Royal Marines?
The Royal Marines are one of the most prestigious branches of the British Armed Forces and have a strict dress code and regulations. The rules regarding facial hair are no different. For those wanting to join the Royal Marines, it is important to be aware of the rules and regulations when it comes to beards.
The Royal Marines have a ‘clean-shaven’ policy and this applies to all personnel. This means that all members of the Royal Marines must be clean-shaven at all times, with no beards allowed. This includes moustaches, goatees and any other type of facial hair.
However, there are some exceptions to this rule. Those with a medical exemption or a religious requirement may be allowed to keep a beard, but this must be approved by the Commanding Officer.
7 Tips For Keeping A Beard In The Royal Marines
1. Follow the Rules: The most important thing to remember when it comes to keeping a beard in the Royal Marines is to follow the rules. Be sure to check with your Commanding Officer to make sure that your beard is allowed.
2. Keep it Neat: If you are allowed to keep a beard, it is important to keep it neat and tidy. Make sure to trim it regularly and keep it in a neat and tidy shape.
3. Invest in a Quality Trimmer: Investing in a quality trimmer is essential for keeping your beard in line with the regulations. Make sure to choose a trimmer that is designed for use on facial hair.
4. Use a Razor: If you are allowed to have a beard, make sure to use a razor to keep it looking neat. This will help to ensure that your beard is kept in line with the regulations.
5. Avoid Too Much Product: When it comes to styling your beard, make sure to avoid using too much product. This could result in a messy and unkempt look that could lead to disciplinary action.
6. Don’t Forget the Moustache: If you are allowed to keep a beard, make sure to keep your moustache neatly trimmed. This will help to ensure that your facial hair is kept in line with the regulations.
7. Avoid Long Beards: It is important to remember that long beards are not allowed in the Royal Marines. Make sure to keep your beard neat and tidy and avoid growing it too long.
In conclusion, the Royal Marines have a strict ‘clean-shaven’ policy and this applies to all personnel. Those with a medical exemption or a religious requirement may be allowed to keep a beard, but this must be approved by the Commanding Officer. For those wanting to keep a beard in the Royal Marines, it is important to follow the rules and regulations and keep it neat and tidy. Following these seven tips will help to ensure that you are able to keep your facial hair in line with the regulations.