Beards have been a symbol of masculinity for centuries, and for many, having a beard is an important part of their identity. But what about those who work in professions where a beard is not allowed? Can UPS pilots have beards, or is it strictly forbidden? In this article, we’ll explore the regulations surrounding beards in the UPS pilot profession and provide seven tips for those who wish to sport facial hair while still maintaining professional standards.
Can UPS Pilots Have Beards?
The short answer is yes, UPS pilots can have beards. The United Parcel Service (UPS) does not explicitly forbid beards in its dress code, but there are some restrictions. According to the company’s dress code, facial hair must be neatly trimmed and no longer than a quarter inch in length. This means that UPS pilots can have beards, but they must keep them neatly trimmed and not too long.
Tips for UPS Pilots Who Have Beards
For those who wish to have a beard while still maintaining professional standards, here are seven tips to help you keep your facial hair in check:
1. Trim Regularly: Be sure to trim your beard regularly to keep it at the maximum length allowed.
2. Consider Your Face Shape: When choosing a beard style, take your face shape into consideration. Different face shapes can be complemented by different beard styles.
3. Choose Quality Grooming Products: Invest in quality grooming products to help keep your beard looking neat and tidy.
4. Visit a Professional Barber: If you’re unsure of how to style your beard, visit a professional barber for advice.
5. Keep It Clean: Make sure to wash your beard regularly to keep it clean and free of dirt and debris.
6. Use a Conditioner: Use a conditioner to help keep your beard soft and healthy.
7. Avoid Strong Fragrances: Avoid using strong scented products in your beard, as the smell could be distracting for other passengers.
UPS pilots can have beards, but they must keep them neatly trimmed and no longer than a quarter inch in length. For those who wish to have a beard while still maintaining professional standards, the seven tips outlined above can help. Be sure to trim regularly, consider your face shape, choose quality grooming products, visit a professional barber, keep it clean, use a conditioner, and avoid strong fragrances. With a bit of effort, you can keep your beard looking neat and professional while still expressing your individual style.