Beard trimmers are a popular grooming tool for men that are used to trim, shape and groom facial hair. But can a beard trimmer also be used to cut hair? This article will explain the answer to this question and provide seven tips to help you get the most out of your beard trimmer when cutting your hair.
Can Beard Trimmer Be Used For Hair Cutting?
Yes, a beard trimmer can be used to cut hair. While beard trimmers are designed primarily for facial hair, they can be used to cut the hair on your head as well. However, you should be aware that the sharp blades on a beard trimmer may not be as precise as a pair of scissors when cutting hair.
7 Tips For Cutting Hair With A Beard Trimmer
1. Choose the right beard trimmer: When selecting a beard trimmer to use for hair cutting, make sure to choose one with adjustable blades and a wide range of length settings. This will give you more control over the length of the hair you are cutting.
2. Choose the right attachments: Make sure to select the right attachments for your beard trimmer. Different attachments can help you achieve different looks. For example, a comb attachment can help you create a uniform length when cutting your hair.
3. Start with clean, dry hair: It’s important to start with clean, dry hair when cutting with a beard trimmer. This will allow the blades to move more easily through the hair and give you a more even cut.
4. Take your time: Don’t rush when cutting your hair with a beard trimmer. Take your time and make sure to move the trimmer slowly and evenly through the hair.
5. Avoid using too much pressure: When using a beard trimmer, it’s important to avoid applying too much pressure. This can cause the blades to pull or snag the hair, resulting in an uneven cut.
6. Use a mirror: Make sure to use a mirror when cutting your hair with a beard trimmer. This will help you make sure that you are getting an even cut and that you are not missing any spots.
7. Clean the trimmer regularly: Make sure to regularly clean your beard trimmer to remove any hair or debris that may be clogging the blades. This will help to keep the trimmer functioning properly and ensure a smooth, even cut.
To sum up, a beard trimmer can be used to cut hair. While the blades on a beard trimmer may not be as precise as a pair of scissors, they can still be used to cut and trim hair. Just make sure to follow the tips above to ensure a smooth, even cut.