Mounting a turkey tail fan and beard is an exciting and rewarding experience for any hunter. By taking the time to learn the proper techniques and having the right tools, you can create a beautiful display of your prize that will last for years to come. In this article, we’ll discuss the steps for mounting a turkey tail fan and beard, as well as some tips to help ensure a successful outcome.
Steps for Mounting a Turkey Tail Fan and Beard
1. Gather the Necessary Supplies
Before you begin, make sure you have all the supplies you need. This includes a turkey tail fan and beard, a mounting board, a carving knife, a saw, screws, a hammer, glue, and a sealant.
2. Prepare the Mounting Board
Using the saw, cut the mounting board to the desired size. Make sure the board is large enough to cover the tail fan and beard.
3. Attach the Tail Fan and Beard
Use the screws to attach the turkey tail fan and beard to the mounting board. Make sure the fan and beard are securely fastened.
4. Carve the Mounting Board
Use the carving knife to shape the board to fit the turkey tail fan and beard. You may also want to add additional details or carvings to the board.
5. Apply Glue and Sealant
Once the board is carved to fit the fan and beard, apply a generous amount of glue to the board and fan. Allow the glue to dry before applying a sealant. The sealant will help protect the fan and beard from the elements.
6. Attach Hangers
Attach two hangers to the back of the board. This will allow you to hang the mount on the wall.
7. Hang the Mount
Once the hangers are attached, you can hang the mount on the wall. Be sure to hang the mount in a place where it won’t be exposed to direct sunlight or moisture.
Tips for Mounting a Turkey Tail Fan and Beard
• Make sure you have the right tools and supplies before you begin.
• Take your time when carving the board and be sure to shape it to fit the fan and beard.
• Use a generous amount of glue and allow it to dry completely before applying the sealant.
• Attach the hangers securely to the back of the board.
• Hang the mount in a place where it won’t be exposed to direct sunlight or moisture.
• If you’re not confident in your ability to mount the fan and beard, consider hiring a professional to do the job.
• Don’t forget to take a picture of your finished mount!
Mounting a turkey tail fan and beard is a great way to preserve your hunting memories and create a beautiful display piece. By following the steps outlined above and taking the time to do it properly, you can create a mount that will last for years to come. With the right tools and supplies, you can create a beautiful display of your prize that you can be proud of.